July 22, 2019 0 Comments
A New York twist on a Greek classic! This maple tzatziki pairs perfectly with our maple flatbread recipe.
1. The night before, place cheesecloth (or a nutbag) in a sieve over a bowl. Put the yogurt into the cheesecloth and let strain in the fridge overnight.
2. As early as two hours before eating, peel the garlic and remove any crunchy or brown bits.
3. Peel cucumber and remove the seeds.
4. If you have a food processor, blend the garlic and cucumber together until chopped as finely as possible, but not quite a paste. If you don’t have a food processor, grate both using the finest side of a box grater or a microplane.
5. Using more cheesecloth, squeeze the liquid out of the cucumber/garlic mixture into a bowl.
6. Add the strained yogurt to the cucumber/garlic water.
7. Mix in salt, pepper, dill, and maple sugar.
If not eating right away, put back in the fridge to keep cool.
Open 10am - 6pm
© 2020 Riverside Maple Farms.