Flatbreads, tzatziki, hummus, and veggies - there isn’t a much easier or tasty dinner when sticky summer weather rolls around. Try our recipe for maple flatbread; it pairs beautiful with our maple tzatziki!
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, add 1 cup of flour and the sugar, salt, and yeast. Mix on medium-low.
2. Slowly alternate adding flour and water to mixture to ensure the dough is springy and not sticking.
3. Once done, let mixture rest for half an hour.
4. Begin heating a large, flat, non-stick pan over medium-high heat.*
5. Flour work surface, and separate mixture into egg-sized balls and flatten as close to the thickness of a quarter using a rolling pin.
6. Cook the dough on both sides until they are puffy and have golden-brown spots. Keep an eye on them as they can burn easily.
7. Brush with oil or butter, and top with whatever you please. Garlic, sesame seeds, cheese, tzatziki, or even maple spread for dessert.
* If you want to keep your kitchen cool, you could cook in a cast-iron skillet on a grill over coals, but they will cook faster.