February 16, 2019 0 Comments
Our friend Aimee has been rocking the maple baking world recently with her unusual maple takes on classic baked treats. Check out her recipe below for a fancy, but quick recipe for maple chouxquettes that will be sure to impress your guests.
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). To a small saucepan, add the water, sugar, salt, and butter. Place the pan over medium heat and warm until the butter has melted.
2. Dump in the flour and stir until no lumps remain (30 sec. - 1 min.
3. Take the saucepan off the heat. Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
4. Transfer the dough to a pastry bag with a large round tip (Wilton 1A is great for this) and pipe onto a silpat or parchment-lined cookie sheet in small swirls.
5. Top with maple pearl sugar.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, then lower oven heat to 350°F (175°F) for another 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
Serve alone, or with Aimee's favorite, hot chocolate.
Open 10am - 6pm
© 2020 Riverside Maple Farms.